|Laboratory of Informatics and New Technologies in Shipping, Transport and Insular Development (LINTSTID)|
The aim of the workshop is:
- The Research in ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) and renewable sources to develop methodologies, techniques and indicators, for recording and monitoring developments
- Develop of methodologies and infrastructures on investigation of various aspects of these technologies. The main objective of the workshop is to develop and use consistent methods and technical tools to develop world-class research infrastructure.
- Exploring the social dimensions associated with ICT applications in shipping, transport and ecological development.
The research topic of the workshop is interdisciplinary, since it presupposes the synthesis of various disciplines such as:
- The implementation of intelligent computing and new technologies in maritime transport and regional development
- The design of new management models and growth arising from technological developments in computing and new technologies
- The integration of Offshore Renewable energy structures, trough the technological and ecological insular development.
- The insular and regional development based on application of informatics science and environmental techniques.
Research of LINTSTID
In Maritime New Technologies: Renewable energies, Electronic services and Security <<click here>>
- (WO/2007/096680) Stable floating structure with limited oscillations
- (WO/2007/096679) System for energy recovery and reduction of deposits on the membrane surfaces in (variable power and variable production) reverse osmosis desalination systems