The aim of the workshop is:
- The Research in ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) and renewable sources to develop methodologies, techniques and indicators, for recording and monitoring developments
- Develop of methodologies and infrastructures on investigation of various aspects of these technologies. The main objective of the workshop is to develop and use consistent methods and technical tools to develop world-class research infrastructure.
- Exploring the social dimensions associated with ICT applications in shipping, transport and ecological development.
The research topic of the workshop is interdisciplinary, since it presupposes the synthesis of various disciplines such as:
- The implementation of intelligent computing and new technologies in maritime transport and regional development
- The design of new management models and growth arising from technological developments in computing and new technologies
- The integration of Offshore Renewable energy structures, trough the technological and ecological insular development.
- The insular and regional development based on application of informatics science and environmental techniques.
Research of LINTSTID
In Maritime New Technologies: Renewable energies, Electronic services and Security <<click here>>
Floating Desalination Unit
It is the first floating desalination unit in the world supplied with a wind turbine and photovoltaic systems that produce the necessary energy to convert sea water into drinking water. It is designed and constructed to remain 'still' even under the most extreme conditions (strong winds and high waves) in order to be able to operate the turbine. <<Read more>>
- (WO/2007/096680) Stable floating structure with limited oscillations
- (WO/2007/096679) System for energy recovery and reduction of deposits on the membrane surfaces in (variable power and variable production) reverse osmosis desalination systems
UxV’s Unmanned Vehicles UGV – UAV – USV – UUV - USpV Systems Design and Management
The main objective of this new Course is to educate students and professionals on how to deal with the design and management of Unmanned Systems Design in Land, Air, Space and Sea environment. The Course covers theoretical and practical applications / techniques for the design of systems utilized in maritime security, sea commerce and sea transportation as well as in other field areas.
for more information please <press here>