A new, innovative, in English language, and “distance learning”, Postgraduate Program in Shipping is now open for registration !
This is the Postgraduate Program in English on:
“Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Shipping”
offered on modern academic distance learning approaches by the Department “Shipping, Trade and Transport” (STT) of the University of the Aegean, available since the academic year 2020-2021. The distance learning program structure is combined with two (2) short-term phases of intensive lectures requiring students’ physical presence at the Department’s headquarters, in Chios island, at the beginning and the end of the Course, respectively.
The core objective of the new “MBA in Shipping” focuses on building upon academic specialization and advanced know-how in the dynamic and complex sector of global shipping business. This postgraduate program can promote specialized potential executives towards a distinctive high-quality career path in diverse shipping companies, maritime organizations, shipping institutions and policy administrative bodies, in Greece and internationally. This shapes a crucial strategic mindset for Greece in particular, as shipping constitutes one of the most globalized business sectors and a core pillar of the domestic economy.
Τhe “MBA in Shipping” capitalizes on the established long-running cooperation of the University of the Aegean with shipping corporations, institutions and bodies and builds upon the advantages offered by the leading position of Chios island in global shipping.
The new program bears a set of innovative contribution merits relative to domestic academic standards, as:
- this remains the only Postgraduate Program in Greece that combines the English language with distance learning education;
- this is a Postgraduate Program that takes advantage, for the first time, of a dynamic institutional feedback process and on-going dialogue between academia and the shipping industry.
The University of the Aegean cooperates on a consistent basis with an Advisory Committee of distinguished and prominent team of Greek and global institutional representatives in shipping, with an advisory role as to the content of the “MBA in Shipping”, as well as to its incorporation and promotion process towards the shipping community. The Advisory Committee Members include:
- Dr. George Pateras, Chairman, Hellenic Chamber of Shipping,
- Dimitris Fafalios (MSc), Chairman, Intercargo and Board Member, Hellenic Shipowners’ Association,
- Mr. Leonidas Demetriades-Evgenides (MSc), Chairman, Eugenides Foundation and Shipping Ambassador, International Maritime Organization (IMO),
- Mr. Michalis Sakellis, Chairman, Passenger Shipping Companies Association,
- Alexandros Diakopoulos, Navy Vice-Admiral in retirement, Honorary Commander, National Defence School and former Commander of the Naval Cadet School.
The new “MBA in Shipping” offers attractive and competitive opportunities to enrolled students and graduates, as:
- it delivers a robust number of fellowships;
- it supports a program of remunerated field-practice internships in shipping companies and institutions;
- it is attractive to employed students, facilitating their participation, as it is based on distance learning approaches;
- distinguished shipping sector executives participate frequently in the lectures delivered;
- reputed academics of top international Universities also participate, including University of Antwerp, University of Genova, Technical University of Delft, Shanghai Maritime University, members of a global cooperation network established by the Department over time;
- reinforces further the already high percentage of the graduates’ direct professional employment opportunities;
- the program delivery in English supports its attractiveness towards international students and promising young scientists coming from reputed international Universities, in conjunction with the Greek shipping global leadership and widespread successful reputation.
Hence, potential candidates have the challenging opportunity to study in an English Postgraduate Program in Shipping, avoiding relocation abroad, since the “MBA in Shipping” offers this flexibility and is supported by the Greek shipping industry, the leading maritime nation worldwide.
It is worth mentioning that the new “MBA in Shipping” foundation, based on distance learning approaches, is structurally designed and long-term planned, rendering this postgraduate program modern, carefully executed, and highly timely !
For more info:
Tel: +30 2271035202