The Postgraduate Stuides Program is housed in the facilities of the Department.
The Library of the School of Management and Administration is the Chios situated at the Michaleion building. All students, academic and administrative staff and the public have access to the Library.
The library stock consists of 19.000 volumes and 150 Greek and foreign current scientific titles covering the needs of all the scientific areas pertaining to the School. Furthermore, the library collection is constantly enriched and updated with the addition of books and periodicals pertaining to department’s scientific areas. In the “Korais I” building there is a small Reading Room equipped with all the necessary books and notes (multiple copies of reference books) for the courses offered.
Telecommunication and Informatics Infrastructure
Supporting the educational activities and the promotion of scientific research the
- The Department has modern fully equipped computer rooms which are constantly upgraded. The Postgraduate Study Program has a dedicated computer room located at the Department’s premises
- State of the art and continuously upgraded telecommunication networking (Aegean Net) which connects not only the buildings but also the islands where the diverse facilities of the University are located and all the above to the international networks (such as the Internet).
The laboratory of the Postgraduate Studies Program (NAME) constitute a prototype special area for research and education by offering:
- Simulation, analysis and investigation of the operation of a modern shipping enterprise in various situations (case studies-emergencies).
- Research and development of new tools and applications of advanced technology
- The analysis of issues related to navigation safety and applications of total quality in Shipping, Transport and Trade
- The promotion of state of the art methods for the organization and administration of Shipping Companies as well as Transport and International Trade in general
The Postgraduate Studies Program is supported by a number of administrative services including: the Departments’ Students Secretariat, the Academic Secretariat, Financial Affairs Service and Administrative Services of the
Business Affiliation Committee
The Business Affiliation Committee promotes affiliation and communication with businesses on all levels of education, where bilateral cooperation is in demand. The Committee is made up of members of the faculty, students as well as representatives of all ranks of production within the country.
The Committee’s basic activities are:
- Student internships
- Educational visits to businesses
- Weekly lectures of leading practitioners in the Business Sector at the University
- The collection and processing of data related to the latest developments in the practice of management and business administration which aims to facilitate the study of specific business practices (case studies) the supervised completion of undergraduate and postgraduate projects, the organization of postgraduate study programs geared toward professionals of the business world and the development of a fruitful dialogue concerning the creative revision of the School’ s curriculum.
- Setting up interviews for graduate students for carrier advancement and employment
- Linking theses, postgraduate and doctoral dissertations with Greek job market demands.
The Department has the possibility to provide free accommodation in the School Dormitories to a selected number of Postgraduate Students. Dormitories are located 5 klm away from the center of the town.