The learning outcomes focus on students gaining a systematic and applied in-depth knowledge of modern theoretical principles and empirical approaches and instruments to shipping corporate financial decisions. Emphasis is placed on the appraisal of critical investment, financing and operational managerial decisions; this can support shipping companies remain competitive and sustain corporate growth in a highly volatile and risky setting. The course provides a solid, integrated framework towards efficient and complex shipping finance management in a global perspective.
The learning outcomes, more specifically, are outlined as:
- familiarized with the core functions, properties, rigidities and risks of shipping markets from a ship finance perspective
- comprehend fundamental principles, approaches and instruments in efficient financial management of shipping companies
- appraise strategic investment decisions to support shipping corporate growth
- evaluate modern sources and tools to fund raising of shipping companies:
banking sector and international capital markets
- implement efficient financial risk management strategies with shipping derivatives
- appraise critical corporate governance principles and incorporate best managerial practices in shipping companies.