The mission of the Lab is:
- The Research in ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) and renewable energy sources; in specific to develop methodologies, techniques and indicators, for recording and monitoring related technical systems
- Exploring the social dimensions associated with ICT applications in shipping, transport and ecological development.
The research focus of the Lab is interdisciplinary:
- The implementation of intelligent computing and new technologies in maritime transport and regional development
- The design of new management models and blue growth approaches and solutions arising from technological developments in computing and new technologies
- The integration of Offshore Renewable energy structures, towards technological and ecological insular development.
- The insular and regional development based on application of informatics science and environmental techniques.
– (WO/2007/096680) Stable floating structure with limited oscillations
– (WO/2007/096679) System for energy recovery and reduction of deposits on the membrane surfaces in (variable power and variable production) reverse osmosis desalination systems