| The purpose of this course is to:
Sensitize students on economic, political and socio-cultural differences among nations.
· Explain the significance of international trade, analyze the issues raised in international operations and the role of marketing in dealing with them.
· Describe the role of marketing people in an internationally active business.
· Contribute to the understanding of the issues involved in marketing operations in an international or global, as opposed to a domestic setting.
· Analyse in-depth the various strategies for entering international markets and the criteria for choosing between them.
Having completed the course successfully, students should be able to:
· Comprehend the significance of international trade and the role of marketing for this.
· Perform a market entry strategy analysis and submit a recommendation.
· Face selected marketing challenges in international firms, taking into account factors that affect them