By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Analyze and assess the external and internal environment of a shipping company, a key element in any management and decision-making process of a shipping company.
2. Understand the different cultural, organizational and management approaches applied to a shipping company.
3. Describe and analyze the structure and departmentalization of a shipping company and the different functions taking place in the company’s structure and be able to understand the company’s decision-making process.
4. Understand how the strategies are evolved in a shipping framework and how they interact with the company’s culture and organization.
5. Understand why quality and safety are important characteristics for a contemporary shipping company as well as how the Corporate Social Responsivity applies in the shipping industry.
6. Understand the role of outsourcing in shipping company’s activities and processes as an element of the company’s strategy and culture.
The learning outcomes corresponds to level 4 of the European Qualifications Framework of the European higher Education Area