The students should be able:
– To understand the course objectives.
– To understand the basic principles and techniques for the analysis of complex systems and the development of relevant mathematical models and their application in simple cases of systems which cover a wide range of problems (in shipping and transport systems, in production and trade etc.).
– To know the structural and operational elements of basic models of Operational Research and their design techniques (of Linear and Dynamic Programming, Inventory Control, Systems Analysis and Simulation and Multicriteria Analysis) and also to understand the theoretical background of relevant solution methodologies.
– To be able to solve, independently of computer software, simple problems in Linear Programming, Inventory Control and Multicriteria Analysis.
– To understand the basic advantages and disadvantages of relevant models and of their solution methodologies.