The course analyzes the principles of port system organization and administration. During the semester, lectures will be emphasize on diverse characteristics of the European port system, the existing organizational structures, the supply of new port services, the impact of increased private sector involvement in ports and the implementation of innovation and new technologies and other parameters of the structural changes in European ports.
At the end of the semester students should be able to distinguish, define, perceive and understand:
– The organizational and operational structures ports;
– The characteristics of demand and supply of port services;
– The impact of changes in port governance and increasing private sector involvement in ports;
– The implementation of innovation and new technologies;
– The parameters of the structural changes in European ports;
– The port changing reality and the challenge facing the port industry