The course focuses on the main dimensions of Operations Management and examines the criteria that determine the efficiency and quality of production systems. The course aims at:
– understanding the historical evolution of production systems structure and studying the main trends in production management,
– the interdependence of production systems in the wider socio-economic environment,
– a systems approach for production organization and analysis of the main functions.
– analyzing the processes and subsystems which form a production system,
– the analysis of production cycles,
– the organization of transportation systems in the production process,
– the types of strategic decisions when designing and organizing a production system.