The purpose of this course is to:
- Enhance students’ understanding of the importance of services to the economy.
- Introduce the distinction between products and services, and between different types of services, for the purpose of designing successful services marketing programmes.
- Offer deeper insights into the theory and practice of marketing in the services sectors.
- Provide more specialised knowledge for selected services sectors.
Having completed the course successfully, students should be able to:
- Realise the challenges of marketing in services environments.
- Analyse the factors affecting marketing in a services company.
- Apply the principles of marketing in services, by using their critical and analytical skills and ability.