Statistics are defined as the science that attempts to extract valid knowledge through the use of empirical data and observations. It has as its object the collection, classification, processing, presentation and analysis of data in order to interpret them correctly and to draw useful conclusions for decision making. It is a valuable tool for supporting decisions and actions and is therefore used in many scientific fields such as Business Administration, Shipping trade and transport, οther Social Sciences and practical problems. Upon completion of the learning process, the student will be able to:
- be aware of the basic concepts of Statistics and their role in Business Administration
- be aware of the different categories of data types and their measurement ranges
- be aware of the principles of data collection and classification
- process and analyze the data
- interpret the results obtained by analyzing the data and
- draw conclusions in the decision-making process.