After successfully completing this course, the students will be able to:
- Understand the mechanisms through which transport interacts with the environment (atmospheric pollution, noise, landscape fragmentation)
- Assess the relative contribution of different modes of transport (road and air transport, shipping) to environmental degradation
- Measure the noise from transport
- Understand the regulatory and market-based policy instruments for transport and the environment and know the most important of them
- Be able to use an environmental impact assessment tool
- Identify and use reliable sources of information on the subject in English and Greek.